A new year, like a breath of fresh air. A new chance. A time to look back and appreciate how we've changed and who we've become, a time to look forward with hope.
Last year. Wow. I finished chemo. I went through radiation. A boy I loved died. I officiated one wedding, I was a bridesmaid in another, and I was asked to participate in one yet to come. Babies were conceived, babies were lost, babies were born. I began the year with a bald head, and ended it with a head of hot pink hair. I successfully finished a semester back in school, despite chemobrain and self-doubt. I feel more beautiful, more wise, tougher, stronger than I ever have before.
This next year will be the hardest and most rewarding year I have ever known. I welcome it with love and hope.
So here it is: my resolution for 2011 is to be in remission by my 25th birthday. And to live to see 2012.
If you have a glass, raise it. I propose a toast. To life. To the pursuit of bliss. To unconditional love, compassion and understanding. To smiling for no reason at all. To random acts of kindness. To faith in the human race. To faith in ourselves. To life. To living.
No comments:
Post a Comment