And here I am again; sitting in this chair, watching late January shine through the window in my little corner of the Cancer Center. Today is the beginning of my second cycle of ICE chemo. In a perfect world, I will have achieved remission after this round according to my upcoming PET scan, and we can stop with this ICE stuff and move on to the heavy artillery.
As for my hair, the bulk of it came out in wet clumps in the shower on Saturday. That, combined with the fact that it was covering the collar of every shirt I would wear, poking my neck and driving me crazy, lead me to the conclusion that it had to go. My father and I had a lovely bonding experience as he buzzed my head for me.
In other news, I'm trying my damnedest to get my treatment financed, while simultaneously trying to distract myself from the reality of the next few months of my life. Music helps. Laughing helps. My amazing friends help. It's all beautiful. I keep hearing that in my head.
That's all for now, folks.
Sara, Just wanted to let you know I'm sending good thoughts your way. You are a beautiful warrior and I know you will beat this. Laughter is good medicine so keep that up. Your smile makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteFrom the smiling quadzilla lady aka pat aka James' mom.