Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2/3

There were a lot of things this afternoon that I thought about writing down. I really run the gamut of emotions in that chair.

I thought about writing about the sadness in my mother's face this morning. Some days it just gets to you. I understand that she wants to make her little girl better again, she wants to fix everything. I love her for that.

I thought about writing about the Vietnam vet that was in the chair next to me. He wanted to talk, and I never mind listening. I love a good story. Even if it's about getting spit on when he got back from the war. Even when it's about the VA hospital ignoring the cancer spreading across his forehead for five years. It was his second to last treatment today, and he was all smiles.

I thought about writing about the sun streaming into my corner of the cancer center today, watching it grow and change and fade as I sat from 9 in the morning to 4:30 in the evening. I got pretty restless today. That's a long time to be sitting, staring up at tubes and IV bags.

Buuut did I mention that I downloading Scrabble onto my Kindle? OH YEAH. Even when I'm stuck in that chair, life is good.

Life is good.



One more day of ICE to go and then 18 days of rest. Oh, and just one teeny Neulasta injection. That shouldn't kick in until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment