Thursday, December 30, 2010

I was never big on hazelnuts.

The surgery went well yesterday. The nurses were nice, the IV was placed on the first try, and almost everyone had a sense of humor. I went to sleep gazing up at my cute anesthesiologist and then I woke up breathing in cold, crisp oxygen about an hour later. Dr. Hamilton removed three lymph nodes, with the largest being the size of a hazelnut... which is big for a lymph node, but nothing compared to the ping-pong ball sized one they pulled out of my neck last year. I believe we get results today or tomorrow.

I was in an anesthetic/pain med stupor ( ie : high as a kite) most of the evening. Once I got into bed it was strange dreams and drenching night sweats, but no fever.

Other than a bit of discomfort and some swelling, I'm feeling pretty darn good today.


I believe it's time to sit outside PT's, sipping hot coffee and enjoying what seems to be an unseasonably warm day.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd been reading again sooner. Just so you know, though, I'm convinced that warm day was there just for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete