Monday, January 10, 2011

waiting for a miracle

I think I'm starting to feel the Neulasta injection. For real this time. I started getting the all-too-familiar pangs earlier in the evening. Very mild, but worrisome. I took two Ibuprofen and have had a heating pad on my pelvis non-stop; so far, the pain has backed off. I'm just scared that when I finally slip off to sleep, it will be like last time; waking up sobbing, in uncontrollable pain.

So, I guess I'm hoping for the best, and preparing for the possibility of a less than desirable outcome. I know that the last month has shown that I am sometimes stupidly optimistic, but frankly, I prefer living that way. I'd rather be stupidly optimistic than sitting, waiting, fretting, expecting the worst, becoming depressed and living in fear. If this disease has taught me anything, it's that I can't live like that. I won't live like that. That's not living.

Thinking positively, staying calm. Hoping, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment