I'm feeling pretty positive today, despite my cold coming back full force. Or maybe it's a sinus infection, because the cold never left... I have no idea. Either way, feeling positive.
I met the barista champion of Canada yesterday, and he told me about his having battled cancer three times. The first two times he went with traditional western medicine, and the last time he went herbal. He's been cancer free for 7 years now.
It was very enlightening to finally meet someone who had been through traditional cancer treatment AND holistic treatment. There are all sorts of people out there who have never had cancer and have no idea what they're talking about telling me how I can cure myself with aloe or hemp oil or coffee enemas, telling me I'm poisoning myself with chemo (DUH.) a despite the fact that the chemo is working. But to actually MEET someone who had tried both approaches and knew what I was going through, gave me so much positivity and hope. He was also very open minded too, telling me to do whatever worked, but to get a hold of him with any questions about the holistic approach. I might just take him up on that.
In other news, the battle with fatigue continues, but I've managed to work a few days this last week, with extensive periods of laying down in between.
I finally feel like there's an end to this battle. In the beginning, when the will to fight was still fresh, it was easier to plow through the treatments. The last few months have been harder. The initial urge to fight fight fight had faded and the light at the end of the tunnel was barely a twinkle. But now, three treatments left, I feel like I'm almost there.
And when I get there, I will have an ice-cold pale ale to celebrate.
Blood test on Monday, Chest x-ray, office visit to check on progress and chemo #10 on Friday. Lets do this.
I am glad you were able to speak to someone who has been through different treatments, and with whom you have so much in common! The line between Western medicine and holistic approaches to defeating cancer is tough to those without cancer, and I can't imagine the internal conflict you must experience. I simply would not know what to do. I am so proud of you for kicking cancer's ass! And I really hope I can join you for your first celebratory pale ale! Perhaps we can do so on my front porch? Love you, stay strong
ReplyDelete