My mind is still feeling so strange. I'm not feeling completely apathetic anymore, but my ability to have a linear thought still ebbs and flows. It's hard to think about anything for too long. Very scattered, disconnected. Recollection and remembering is nearly impossible. I miss my mind.
I keep coming back to the Vonnegut short story "Harrison Burgeron." Short story shorter, there are these contraptions some of the characters are forced to wear on their heads. At regular intervals there's a loud noise that breaks their concentration so they can't think about anything for too long. It's like that, sans noise.
One thing that this mindset might be perfect for is some zen meditation. I'll be doing that with a friend tonight. Maybe it will help.
Sara, I understand how you feel and it is not pleasant. The good news is that your brain will recover and your thoughts will get clearer. Daniel
ReplyDeleteSara, Now is the time to tap into your inner strenght. I really like the picture of you in your warrior mood. Daniel
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the words of encouragement! It means so much to know that it will pass.
ReplyDelete