Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Echoes (2/16/11)

I had the honor of being in attendance at Sarah Madl's funeral today. It was a beautiful catholic mass. She passed away earlier this week after her colorectal cancer spread to other areas. She fought hard, without self-pity or dramatic flair. "Hot as a pistol/ but cool inside." She was 22.

Jon, Micah, Sarah. They're with me. Nothing is created or destroyed. We are all made of the same stuff. Stardust.



You know, as disconnected as I sometimes feel throughout this process, I have never felt more connected than I do now. Everything petty is slowly sloughing away. The duality of human existence, the us versus them, the good versus bad, right and wrong; these concepts we've given names to that we use to label and define things. It's all falling away. How could I have seen this any other way?

The fact is that I couldn't have. This is the path I'm on because it is the path I'm supposed to be on. If there was a reason, it wouldn't matter. Not to me, at least.

As painful as it is in so many ways, I am honored to walk this path. So many opportunities await.

No comments:

Post a Comment