Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One day at a time

Okay. Let me get you up to date.

I had a PET scan. I waited anxiously for results, and the results are this: it's back.

In one hour I am on my way to KU Med's Bone Marrow Transplant Center. They will tell me all of the details of the next step in my treatment. It's looking like high-dose chemo and a bone marrow transplant (with myself as donor and recipient.) Dang. Double dang.

How often in a person's life do they truly know how much their friends and family love them or how kind strangers are? Literally over a dozen of my friends and acquaintances have approached me, asking to be a bone marrow donor. They are serious. They have done the research, they know what pain they would be in for. And they offer this despite that because they love me. Because they think I am worth it. God, I feel so loved. How often do you realize that kind of love? In that way, I am the luckiest girl alive.

People have prayed for me, chanted for me, sent positivity and light my way, asked how I am, asked what they can do, made me meals, told me I was beautiful and gave me courage... I am so thankful that my heart could burst.

Here we go again.

And this time, I know I can beat it. This time next year, I will be a 25 year-old two-time cancer survivor. I will beat this. I have so much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment