Thankfully, there's not a lot to report on the treatment front. This is my "off week", so on Friday it was just an office visit, blood work and a Neupogen injection. My doctor here in town asked me to go ahead and schedule a visit for the week after next with the BMT clinic in KC to start scheduling scans and get this thing going. So despite the fatigue, despite the weakness, I'm enjoying feeling pretty okay and just spending time with my family.
Which brings me to the important news: My little dude turns TWO on Tuesday! I can barely believe it. He's doing such a great job. This kid. Jasper. God, he's just the coolest. He's easy to laugh and will dance to any music, he's tough and strong, he's stubborn and emotional and full of fire and spirit. He has a great sense of humor. He's playful and loving and so skinny and tall. And now he's almost two years old and I'm just so proud of him. So many people lament their children growing up, and I can't wrap my mind around that mindset. It's what they're meant to do. And they do it so well if we let them. Each stage of of childhood has it's more enjoyable and less enjoyable aspects, but each stage is so neat to watch unfold. His communication, understanding, and curiosity are so fun to watch blossom. But with all of that comes the melt-downs and big emotions of a human trying to let you know what they want, but not understanding why they can't always have it.
So we'll have a little family get together tomorrow. Low-key, a couple presents to unwrap, a cake with Curious George on it. Ice cream. Then we'll have a play date with his best baby buddy Henry (My best friend Kelsey's little boy) on Tuesday. And I'll keep breathing in his smell and kissing his cheeks even though he growls and turns away with a smile. And I will take every moment with him in. Because soon, I'll be going a month without him, and I need all of the playtime and giggles and wonderful memories I can get.
Happy birthday, Jasper. Did you know you have the most amazing mommy, auntie and grandma ever made? (And even though I don't know him, I bet your daddy is pretty awesome too!) You will all be in my thoughts daily as you bring down the beast with the power of family and love.
ReplyDelete