Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/9/14

Jazz's birthday was nice. We had pizza, which he was thrilled about. (He yells "Peets! Peets!") His favorite toy was three helium balloons, that he carried around the house until they deflated. We haven't really gotten to play outside this last week, but it's looking like this afternoon we'll finally get out in the sunshine! I'm certainly looking forward to it, now that I'm starting to feel a little better after Thursday's chemo.

I have an appointment at the BMT clinic on Wednesday afternoon. This should be the one where we start to schedule scans and tests. Hopefully we'll get some sort of game plan or time line. I'm very interested to know more about what happens with an allogenic transplant. I find that the more details I know, the less anxiety I have about it all. And I have, as you may imagine, been very anxious. Panic sets in when my mind wanders in the evening.

I'm definitely getting nervous, but as my doctor said on Thursday, "we have to strike while the iron's hot." The chemo regimen we've been using seems to be doing a good job at shrinking the tumors, or at least keeping them at bay. So we have to get this transplant started soon.

I don't think I'll ever be ready. But I know that it will all just be an unpleasant memory soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment