Lots of good news this week!
I now have health insurance, which means we can start scheduling things with the bone marrow transplant clinic! Things are going to get really real really quick. Which is wonderful because the sooner we can get things going, the sooner all of this terrible stuff will be behind us. The sooner I can get this disease under control and get another chance at remission. The sooner I can get back to living life with my little family.
The other wonderful news is the call I got yesterday from my transplant coordinator. My sister, Laura, is a match to be my bone marrow donor! This means a lower chance of rejection, and a better overall chance of success. Plus, the transplant can happen sooner, as we don't have to look through the donor registry. She is being absolutely fearless in the face of multiple tests, blood draws, needles, long days at the hospital, and Neupogen shots. I'm so very grateful.
I got chemo on Friday, and this one has hit very hard. The nausea isn't controlled at all by the meds, and the fatigue had me passed out by 5:30 last night. But I'll take that to mean that it's working.
Another cheek swab tomorrow to be sent off to KU Med, and then the scheduling for testing will begin.
Let's get this over with.
No comments:
Post a Comment