Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day -2 (3/12/11)

I finished the last chemo of my life yesterday. 5 days straight, 9 doses. Heavy duty.

As you can imagine, I feel horrible.

Today, we got to the clinic by 8am and my wonderful nurse Shelly drew blood for labs. I got a bag of Zofran (an anti-emetic) pumped into me and have now been sitting through 3 hours of Potassium drips, as per my lab results. I'm just glad there's no more chemo.

I sleep a lot. In and out of some sort of snooze... So tired. And so VERY nauseated.

Tomorrow I'll be back here at 8am for labs and more Zofran, and then Monday is the big day. Stem cell transplant day.



I just keep telling myself that soon, I'll be well. That this won't last forever. That I'll be okay someday.

A blissful, cancer-free, 25 year old...

I put my headphones back in and drift away...

6 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you on transplant day. When my husband Bob had his, they sang the happy birthday song, and said it was his new birth-day to celebrate. We thought the smell was a lot like creamed corn, so we had an annual corn party on that day. (I'm signed in on his gmail as I don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sara! We are all thinking of you everyday. We're going to need your help on this Non-Profit so get well soon. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,

    Congratulations on enduring the extremely difficult chemotherapy regime. You are one tough women. I am so proud of you for having the courage to keep going when you are feeling so ill.

    As I fall asleep every night, I hold my cross tightly and pray for God to provide you with the best medical care possible.

    Sincerely,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Birthday again! May you have many more until your hair turns gray like OLD Gary and then a whole lot more!! I look forward to having a 2 way conversation with a very mature 1 year old soon!. I wish we could take away some of the misery and we hope you can soon say goodbye to Jake, Newman, and Truman and enjoy more times with your human friends. Take great care and be you Sara!
    Gary&Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking happy thoughts for those stem cells, for you and your mom. Happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara,
    I will be praying, sending good Karma, and keeping my fingers and toes crossed tomorrow. Wish there was some way we could jump you to the place where all of this is behind you...deep breaths.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete