Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day -6 / Chemo 2 of 5 (3/8/11)

Today went smoothly. I'm starting to get into a routine of sorts. I arrived at the clinic at 7 am, where they got me into a room and drew blood for my labs. Once labs came back looking groovy, we started today's chemo. I was there until about 1:30, and am now reclined on my little bed at Hope Lodge. I have to go back to the clinic at 5pm tonight for more chemo, which will only take another hour and a half. That's a lot of chemo in a day, folks. But that's the point. Hit it hard and quick. Make sure those stubborn little cancer cells are gone forever. I just think about that, and I feel like I can take whatever is coming next.

I just want to be free from this disease. Free again, period.

Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, same routine as today. Then, I have two days of "rest." (I still go to the clinic for other meds) and then Monday is the big day. Eat a cupcake for me. Help me celebrate my rebirthday.

After Monday, there is a good chance that things will suck. I will most likely be very very ill for a while. But you know what? NO MORE CHEMO. EVER. That is worth it all. I just have to get through this, and soon, it will all just be a fuzzy memory.

1 comment: