White blood cell counts are up for the third day in a row! I'm up to .7! (Still no immune system to speak of, but movin' on up!) Let's keep this streak alive! (Just for the record, the normal range for WBC [a.k.a. immunity] is 4.5 - 11.) I hope to hit 4.5 by Wednesday. Setting the bar kind of high there, I know, but I'm hoping that they'll just take off one of these days and soar.
In other news, I didn't need any transfusions today other than my daily antibiotics. My platelets are getting low again, so I will probabaly be getting those tomorrow. Platelets are the last counts to recover. Once they get back up to 50 on their own (I'm currently at 18) I get to be discharged and get this tube out of my neck! (Quick side note: Let me just say that I love the fact that I have this trifusion catheter. Every blood draw, every transfusion is fast, sterile and painless because of it. It is an amazing piece of medical equipment and I'm so glad that I've had it. But it's still a bit of a pain in the ass.)
My hair is falling out for the last time. I'm glad to be starting fresh.
Other than that, not much to report. Too cold for a walk today, so I'm gazing out the window into blue skies streaked with clouds. I keep thinking that before I know it, It'll be my 25th birthday, and I'll be eating cupcakes in a park somewhere, no hospital mask covering my face.
Keep climbing Sara. One exhaustive step at a time will finally get you there. You already know the view at the top is great, yet you find another huge mountain that is worth the climb. Your inviolable spirit will conquer!!! GaryL
ReplyDelete:0)
ReplyDeleteStronger every day.
You are slowly but surly getting there. Keep fightin'! And grow that hair back!
ReplyDelete