He was 20 years old.
I love him very much. I miss him already. He was my favorite work buddy, he was someone I could tell anything to. He was absolutely hilarious. He was an amazing cook. He loved music and being on the road and bad Chinese food. On a daily basis, he would make me laugh so hard that I couldn't catch my breath. When I was going through chemo, he was one of the few people I could just babble my disjointed and nonsensical thoughts to. He was non-judgmental. He was an absolute hopeless romantic. Everyday, he would say some of the most hilariously ridiculous things. It got to the point that the staff just began writing it down and taping it up on the fridge at work. So many "Jon-isms." I told him we should make a book of them some day.
He had a beautiful tattoo on his arm, and when we worked together a few days ago, he was thinking of getting more. He was also holding his stomach, making faces, lamenting how he had eaten bad Chinese food for both breakfast and lunch that day. We were dancing around with joy last week when we found out we worked together twice a week on the new schedule.
He was gorgeous. He had an amazing smile. He had kind eyes.
He never seemed to listen, but he would be when you least expected it.
We all keep saying "should'a, would'a, could'a." We all keep wondering what we could have done to help him.
I know he was lonely. All he wanted was a sweet girl to love him and who he could love back. He wanted a deep connection, someone to take care of and make amazing meals for. But deep down inside, he was SO shy around girls. He always told me that they had to talk to him first, he couldn't do it.
2 for 1 burger Mondays won't be the same without you. Working won't be the same without you. Summer won't be the same without you.
God, Jon. I miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment