I'm done. I survived treatment. I survived cancer.
I finished my final radiation treatment on Friday. It doesn't feel real yet. Just like being done with chemo didn't feel real until three weeks later and the day came around when I would have gotten my next treatment and I realized I wasn't in that chair. Come Monday at 2:30, I will realize that I'm not bolted down to that table like I have been at 2:30 for the past month of Mondays. I will breathe in deeply, breathe out slowly and go on with my day with a grin on my face.
I will look up at the sky every day and be thankful. Rain, clouds, sun, sleet- I have the honor of experiencing. Every cut and burn and headache, I will be thankful that I am here and I can feel. Every person I love, I will tell them. I'm so happy to be here.
And that's okay. I've got time to spare.
No comments:
Post a Comment