Saturday, May 1, 2010

The next step(s)...

Ok, breakdown has been had, rebuilding is in progress. I'm trying not to think too much.

So here are the next few steps:

On Monday, I will receive my LAST chemotherapy treatment. WHOO HOO!

On Friday, I will receive a PET scan, which will show if I have any active cancer left. As you may imagine, if nothing glows on the scan, I'm considered in remission (pretty much.) If there is any activity... well... Plan B. Let's just not think about Plan B.

The following Monday (May 10th, for those following along) I will have bloodwork and an office visit with the doc to review the scan.

On May 12th, a board of doctors will review my case to see if radiation is necessary. From what my doctor says, they will strongly recommend rads.

After that, I will schedule a consult with the Radiation Oncologist. And then, I assume that radiation will begin. And don't even get me started on how much that idea freaks me out.

Honestly, I'm just very scared right now. I know that everything will be the way it's supposed to be and that I can't look back wondering "what if." I have to move forward, do what I have to do, and just keep breathing.

One day at a time. I know I can beat this.


No comments:

Post a Comment