As promised, here are some pictures from my PET scan on Friday.
Picture#1: As you can see, I was thrilled that Dary, my Murse (man-nurse) found a vein. Even if it was in my hand.
Picture #2: The notorious lead-covered syringe containing radioactive sugar goo. (On the left, silly. The one on the right is a saline flush, methinks.) Soooo creepy.
And yes, Dary then proceeded to stick that lead-sheathed syringe into the IV and shoot me up with aforementioned radioactive sucrose. SOOOOOOO creepy.
Picture #3: Now this is cool. This is what you see when you lay down to go into the scanny machine. It's absolutely beautiful. I found myself singing The Doors in my head as I gazed up at it.
"Don't let me die in an automobile, I wanna lie in an open field..."
Picture #4: The PET scan machine. Pretty neat looking, really. I went in head first into that hole there, and everything felt warm. I heard whirring and things spinning around me. The scan felt like it lasted for ten minutes or so, but my Murse told me it was more like 25 minutes. Not unpleasant, except for having to hold the arms-over-the-head position.
So, yeah. Everything went smoothly on Friday. Monday is the big day- I have an office visit with the Onc to go over the results of the scan. Either the cancer is gone or it's still hanging around.
I'm feeling more positive each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment