Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day +100!

Yay! I made it! Still alive, baby!

This will be a short one, as Jazz is currently running around like a mad man. Seriously, though. He's shuffling around in my shoes with a bucket on his head. He just now laid down on the floor and blissfully poured a bag of mega blocks on his face.

The ENT recommended endoscopic surgery on the sphenoid sinus in a few weeks. So that sucks. If the PET/CT scan this Thursday shows improvement thanks to the voriconizole, they might cancel it and just have me continue the meds. Both options are pretty uncomfortable, (meds give me diarrhea, light sensitivity, nausea, fatigue, and random aural/visual hallucinations, but they have pretty much stopped the headaches. Surgery is... well, knock-you-out-and-drill-in-your-sinuses stuff) but I'm open to whatever.

Anyhoo, I had my bone marrow biopsy done on wednesday, and am still very sore. The pain has never lasted this long. Hopefully it will go away soon. They will test it for cancerous cells and check what percentage of my bone marrow has switched to Laura's. Hoping for 100%!

Speaking of things that have gone away, I've stopped having a period again. Hot flashes all the dang time. The last ovarian failure didn't last too long, though, so I'm hopeful.

Struggling with insurance, the usual. I'm getting better and better and being straight forward on the phone. Or bitchy. Whatever gets it done.

God, he's dragging around a bike pump and shrieking gleefully. I'd better go.

Results on all the tests on July 31st!


No comments:

Post a Comment